Sunday, November 14, 2010

White Snow

Bright sunshine breaks through
Glistening white snow melting
Winter turns to Spring

Explication:

For my final poem I decided that I would bless my blog with a haiku that is actually worth reading. And here it is. This particular poem caught my interest because of the imagery it creates when depicting the changing of seasons. For a poem of only 17 syllables this piece uses good descriptions and examples. I didn't find any poetic devices in this poem except for the possible personification in line one to do with the sunshine "breaking through".

Seeing as this is my final blog post I will bid you, my readers, adieu as I look forward to further pursuing the life of a professional poet. I plan to blog for a living when I move to the beautiful South American town of Cardoba, Argentina. Hopefully, I will be paid in pineapples so that, one day, I may complete my life goal of constructing a pineapple-raft in my basement and, with it, sailing the Seven Seas. I may not make as much money as a successful academic, but being a pineapple pirate must have some perks.
Recuerde este día como "el día en que casi capturado el capitán Alistair Russell"!

thank you, and have a pleasant tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Frankly Alistair, I find your explication more interesting than your poem. But I guess I have to comment on it, so... it has nice imagery. Anyway, I suggest you invest in watermelons, because on the open waters you don't want to accidentally poke yourself with the leaves, hemorrhaging into the water and drawing sharks. Odin be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great haiku that sounds pretty artsy/Japanesey! I like how sunshine "breaks trough". Anyways, thank you for the 12 poems about colours. Good for you to pursue a lifelong goal! All the best in Argentina!

    ReplyDelete